Monday, May 20, 2013

The Journey Continues:A very important date

I let Friday, May the 17th slide by without any thought to the date.  What was I thinking?  I guess I wasn't!  Friday was Richard's birthday.  It was not the birthday of getting older but the birthday of his new immune system.  It was two years ago May 17th that he received a chance for more life.  He had been told that without a bone marrow transplant and a new immune system he would not make it.

Even though this is a few days late I want to thank everybody that have signed up to give their stem cells.  There are many people saved each year through the  donation of a new immune system. Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!  Also a huge thank-you to the woman that gave to my husband!  It is a forever gift.

Now it has not been a smooth road but I truly believe that you have extended my husband's life.  His life has been at times like the tornadoes that spread through Oklahoma yesterday leaving much havoc behind.  It sometimes seems like the winds have blown him to the brink of death and back again but he survived.  He has been able to survive because of your gift and the many prayers going up on his behalf!

Now Richard has no guarantee how long his life will be but neither do I.  God is the one that knows our days.  His plan is not always our plan but His plan is the best.  His plan included the many that will choose to help extend a life by giving of themselves.  His plan also included the gift of His Son so that we might live!
His gift is a forever gift!!

I thank my God for you that give and I thank God for the gift of His Son and eternal life!

I hope that I will see you someday in Heaven!!


John 14:6

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truthand the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment