Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The worst part of my colonoscopy

There were many parts of getting ready for the colonoscopy that stand out in my mind but there is just one thing that stands above the rest as the worst part.  Just for the record it was not the  projectile vomiting.  It is worthy of mention here though.  I think that I was worried that I would not finish all the water I had to drink in the hour that was allotted so I was drinking that water at a very fast pace. All at once the desire to throw up was imminent.  I jumped up from the chair in the living room and ran.  I turned the corner as the vomit expelled from my mouth at a speed and force that probably broke the sound barrier.  It hit the wall and bounced back and dripped off of me as I ran into the bathroom.  I made it to the sink before more of that vile stuff erupted with more throw up flying onto me.  I finally made it to the commode as the last bit of puke sped out of my mouth into the stool and all over me.  No, that was not the worst part!


The worst part was not that my husband took pictures of me and then posted them to facebook.  It was not the fact that the surgery room was full of males.  It was not the fact that I was going to be in twilight zone. Twilight Zone was a good thing!  It was not the drinking of the vile, nasty tasting liquid.  It was not the sitting on the toilet for hours.

The worst part of my colonoscopy was that after several hours of my colon being cleansed that very delicate area where you wipe was raw, broken, bleeding and very, very sore. The cleansing wasn't over either.  I had another hour and a half of hot, molten liquid erupting across that very tender area.  Than I had to do all over again the next morning.  I didn't throw up the next morning because I paced my drinking of the liquids but I did have the very sore area  again.  That was the worst part of the colonoscopy.

I told the nurse about this problem.  She told me that next time(next time?) to lather that area up with a cream or ointment that would cover and protect.  She said to cover that area before even drinking the liquids.  It would already be in place to protect from that hot, molten liquid.

Sin is just like the projectile vomiting.  Sin will leave a vile, nasty taste that will eventually come spewing forth.  It might seem as though it is hidden but sin will leaves its mark just as the vomiting left its mark all over me. I was able to clean the vomit up off of me and the floor but I will always remember what happened that night before my colonoscopy.  Sin will leave a raw, bleeding brokenness that results from hot, molten transgressions. Sin can be unforgettable.

The good new is that there is a Cover for sin!  The Cover took our broken, hot, molten transgressions as His own. He became broken for us!  Lather your life with the Cover for protection!  All have sinned and come short of the glory of God but if the Cover is accepted the sins will be Covered!  


That Cover is Jesus!  Have you accepted the protection?


1 Peter 2:23-25

New International Version (NIV)
23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,”[a]but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.


Colossians 2:13-15

New International Version (NIV)
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[b]

No comments:

Post a Comment