Friday, March 11, 2011

No Spiders Allowed In Heaven!

 What are you scared of?  One of my biggest fears is spiders.  In fact some (family) would say I become quite insane when it comes to spiders.  Just the thought of spiders sends shivers down my spine.  I probably am an arachnophobia.  Arachnophobia is a fear of spiders and other arachnids such as scorpions.  I do have a hard time being rational when those creepy, eight legged monsters creep close to me!
  During my childhood I never worried about monsters under the bed, only spiders.  My nightmares were of spiders crawling all over the floor and up the walls.  The spiders in my nightmares usually resembled tarantulas.  My fear has not subsided as I have grown older.  I have probably perfected some moves that could probably be labeled the Spider Dance.
  The story that broke sometime ago about how in a lifetime each person swallows at least three spiders had me trying to invent something that would keep my mouth shut while sleeping.  I would fall asleep with my hand over my mouth but it would not stay there.  I did read on the Internet the other day that this a myth but on this matter I probably will err on the side of caution.
  This fear of spiders is so strong, that when my daughter softly called, "mama" one morning, and I turned and saw her standing very still with a giant brown spider attached to her chest my instincts told me, RUN!!!  I fought the fear and told her not to move and gathering my wits I somehow used my purse as a weapon and skimmed it off her chest slinging that spider into the air.  Then I went into the spider dance, yelling, screaming and tearing at my clothes.
  I know that God created spiders for a reason. I know that it wasn't so that I would invent the Spider Dance.  It has something to do with bugs and the Eco system.  I just think bugs could have been squashed by a pig.  Everything God does is for a reason, whether we like that reason or not. 
  I am thankful for my God that holds me in His Hand and comforts me when the monsters(spiders) of life are at my doorstep.  His compassion sustains me through each and every spider dance I endure.
  I am praying though that there will be no spiders in Heaven.

                    Old Spiders do Die when I stomp them and do the spider dance!!

3 comments:

  1. Good read! Teach me the Spider Dance, sounds like something I could use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I don't much mind spiders, but scorpions & snakes will send me screaming! Gloria will scream bloody murder over a spider tho. I will kill your spiders if you will kill my snakes, but who will kill our scorpions???? No, none of these should be in heaven. They are the devil's creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do scorpions or snakes either! That is a whole new story. LOL

    ReplyDelete