Saturday, August 26, 2017

What is your everything??

 Samson is my handicapped dog.  He does not know he is handicapped though.  He still eats and he still wants to be petted.  He still can get to the food faster than the other two dogs.

What he does not understand is that as he is running around trying to beat the other dogs, he is rubbing his back underside raw.  He can not feel the pain that he should be feel.  He is just doing what dogs do.

  Do people run around trying to beat other people?  I believe that yes most people want to win.  They want the food or the prize or the money or the best everything.  They want to be the first.

I think that Samson probably needs to slow down when his food or his prize is given.  He can gulp it down in seconds.  I wish that he would or could slow down, I believe it is a dog's nature to eat fast or faster!

I think that sometimes I forget about what the true prize it.  As a human I am just trying to get to the prize fast, whatever that I perceive the prize might be.  I think that I am probably more handicapped than Samson.  I let people and circumstances dictate how I react or what I do.

The only thing  that I should be doing is what Samson is doing.  He is looking to me for his food, his bedding and love.  He gives the love back freely and will try to protect me if he feels that I am threatened.

 I should be running to my Savior, just like my Samson runs to me.  I need to forget about being first.  I need to slow down and savor the minutes with my Savior.   I need to remember that He is the prize!

Jesus is everything!

Do you feel the pain?

What is your everything?




But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.  2 Peter 3:18















No comments:

Post a Comment