Friday, November 11, 2016

Interrupted Speeding





                                           


Two days ago I was heading to Guthrie to see my mom.  I was heading down Highway 51 and then would turn onto Highway 74 and then turn on Highway 33 to get there.  As I was heading down Highway 51 the traffic in front of me slowed down and in my opinion was going way to slow.  I always like to get where I am going in the least amount of time without getting a ticket.

I couldn't really see what the slow down was because of a big truck in front of me.  I tried to get around several times but there was always traffic coming at me.  That's when as I was looking around the vehicles in front of me I saw a deer bounding across the highway.  I immediately thought if the traffic hadn't slowed me down I probable would have been in that spot where the deer crossed.  I was very thankful for the interrupted speeding.

The traffic stayed really slow but I didn't mind.  I finally could see that there was a giant something on the back of a truck in front of the line of traffic.  I have no idea what it was but it was big enough that the traffic coming at it had to pull off the road.

 It is amazing what you might see when you are not so worried about making record time to get to where you are going.  I saw some beautiful houses and landscaping.  I saw two deer in a field off of Highway 74 that looked like they were racing.  I saw impatient people that went around me only to have to slow down.

I was thankful for the interruption.  I saw so much more on this slow trip than I have seen in a long time.  I believe God wants me to slow down not just to see the beauty around me that I had been missing but to slow down and notice others around me.  I speed through life without noticing the people that might need help and the people that might need encouragement or the people that might need to hear my story.  Sometimes I need to hear the people that might need to tell me their story and I need to slow down to see the people that might need to hear about my Jesus! Sometimes I need to be still, look, wait and listen.

Do you need an interruption?

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Isaiah 40:31

31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.



No comments:

Post a Comment