Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Journey Continues:An unexpected development





This morning I headed back to the hospital where my husband has been since Sunday.   Some tears of sorrow escaped from my eyes and started their journey down my face.  I was thinking of the unexpected development that happened the day before.  My husband and I received the news yesterday that Richard has esophageal cancer.

I turned east and when I did I noticed that  the sun  was peeking through the clouds.  A few minutes before that there had not been even one ray of light.  The forecast had called for clouds and rain for most of the day but at that moment the sun had sent forth rays of hope to me.

I realized that just because the sun might be covered with clouds, even all day, doesn't mean it is not there.  I  just can't see it.  That unexpected development  yesterday had left me with dark cloud feelings.  I had been stunned with the news.  I felt like I was on auto pilot until I saw the rays of sun peeking through the clouds.  I was reminded that the Son is always there, even when my outlook is cloudy.  Jesus is my Lord and Savior and His light will be there for me always.

Do you know Jesus?  He is the light of the world! He can turn your clouds into hope!

John 8:12 (NIV)

When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."























No comments:

Post a Comment