Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Bridge


                                             

The other night I had a dream about a bridge.  I was walking down this dirt road.   The road had plenty of trees hanging across and overgrown grass on the side of the road.  I came to a bridge and it seemed to be the only way to continue down the road.  I hesitated because it didn't seem very stable.  In fact it looked like it could break at anytime.  For some reason I didn't want to turn back and I stepped very carefully onto the bridge.  I got halfway across the bridge and saw a gaping hole that was blocking the way to the other side of the bridge.  I decided that I  would skirt around that hole and continue across the bridge.  I very carefully held on to the side and walked very slowly to get around that hole.  The next thing I knew I was falling and screaming.  I was looking down at murky, alligator infested waters.  I screamed as I plunged towards the water but woke up before I hit the murky, alligator infested waters.

I woke up sweating and wondering why on earth would I even in my sleep cross a bridge or even be on a road that was overgrown with trees and grass.  I realized though that in life I am always going down roads or crossing bridges that I should not.  I step into situations that I should turn around and walk the other way.  I walk across bridges that become worse the more steps I take.  Sometimes it is even to late to turn around and walk the other way because the murky, alligator, infested waters have infested my soul.  I am lucky though!  I have a Bridge that I walk across that will cleanse my soul and remove the murky, alligator infested water. My Bridge is solid and cleanses me daily. His name is Jesus!

Do you know Him?  He is waiting for you to walk across His Bridge!

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

1 John 2:6

He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment