Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Covering My Blemishes


                                                   

I am always trying to figure out a way to cover my blemishes, my warts, my age spots and well you get the picture.  I use foundation to try to hide the imperfections on my face.  The problem is that I apparently have the kind of skin that the foundation just melts away, sometimes even before I get to to where I am going. I have used the liquid kind, the powder kind and the kind that says it will last all day.  None of them have worked.  I keep trying though.  I want to keep those blemishes covered. If I could find the right maskI would just wear a it.

I do a good job though of hiding the blemishes of my soul.  The hurts, the frustrations, the imperfections and the sins.  The problem is I apparently am the kind of person that mask the things within my soul. The mask I put on seems to hide those hurts, frustrations and sins but they are still there.  That mask, just like the foundation I use on my face, is temporary.  I have to let those hurts, frustrations and sins melt in the hands of my Jesus.  He takes them and covers them with His blood.  He wants me to drop the mask and let Him be the foundation of my life.

Do you need a Foundation?



Isaiah 28:16

New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Therefore thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
Whoever believes will not act hastily.


Proverbs 10:25

New King James Version (NKJV)
25 When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more,
But the righteous has an everlasting foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment