Sunday, November 17, 2013

Do you have the gift?




                               
                                                               



My granddaughter got a pair of cowgirl boots for her birthday.  She loves them.  Every time that I saw her, after that, she had on those boots.  She was proud of them and showed them off to those that would look. She was eager to tell others about those new boots.  They were a gift.

It is now several weeks later and she still wears the boots but not everyday.  She still loves them but the new is wearing off.  I have seen her wearing other shoes.  The newness of her gift is wearing off.  They always will be a gift and the boots are still there waiting for the next time to be worn.

It reminded me of a time when I was young and I received a gift.  I was so proud of that gift and I told everybody about it.  If someone ask about the gift I was very eager to tell about it.  It wasn't long before the new wore off though and I didn't talk about the gift as often.  Now I still loved the gift but it wasn't always first in my life.  I went back to it when needed but sometimes I shelved it for way to long.

That gift was Jesus.  He was always there even when I forgot about the newness of the gift.  He was always there when I put Him on the shelf.  He was there waiting to be worn again.

My pray is that He will always be new in my life!  My prayer is that I will always long to tell of His sacrifice and His gift to me.   His gift is available for all!

Do you have the gift?

Romans 6:22-23

New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment