Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hormonicidal, kinda like homicidal! (This is a post for woman only, men read at your own risk)

Homicide means that a person has a tendency to commit homicides.  Hormonicial is kinda like homicidal.  I thought I had made up a new word but I googled it and there it was!  Hormonicidal is actually a word and means a rage that is hormone induced. So I can't say that I coined that word but I certainly understand it.

The hormone induced rage that I understand is the menstrual hormones that can get completely out of whack and make me want to smack someone.  I didn't really understand this until I reached my forties which came with very heavy, painful menstrual cycles, please take note that word starts with men.  I started longing and praying for menopause, another word that starts with men, even though menopause has it's own set of problems!  Some women and girls though start from the beginning with the heavy, painful menstrual cycles and are hormonicidal from a very young age.  I am kin to some of them.  I must confess I thought they were nuts until I experienced it.  My husband has had the unfortunate experience to have encountered the I am going to kill you look and learned to go to the golf course, fishing or anywhere except in the presence of his very own hormonicidal woman.  For some reason the womanly things that happen to women but start with man or men just seemed to make me even more hormonicidal. :)

I had a doctor who put me on pills in my forties that kept me cool, calm and sane for the most part. Those pills kept me livable for at least a decade but now for some reason they think that I am too old to take those pills.  They thought that I had probably went through MENopause.  Unfortunately I have not and I have caught myself thinking those hormonicidal thoughts again!

Matthew 9:19-22

New King James Version (NKJV)
19 So Jesus arose and followed him, and so did His disciples.
20 And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. 21 For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said,“Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.

Most of the teachings about this passage believe that this was menstrual bleeding.  I wonder if she had that hormone induced rage?  Whether she did or not I do know that she went to the right place for healing.  She went to the Lord with her problem and she was healed!

That is where I need to take my hormonicidal problem.  I need to reach out and touch the hem of His garment!   He is the One that is my help in distress, even hormonal distress. He is Jehovah Rapha!!



2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you girl, like Geanie said this weekend, PMS doesn't stand for pre-menstrual syndrome, it stands for "pass my shotgun!" Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny!! Sometimes though it seems like it is not just PMS it also during MS and after MS. LOL

      Delete