Friday, July 5, 2013

Another spider story, I was calm!

Last night I kicked what I thought was a piece of fuzz that was on the carpet.  As I looked at the curled up piece of fuzz that I had just kicked I realized that was not just an ordinary piece of fuzz but it was a spider.  I calmly, with no screaming, picked up a shoe and smashed that spider into mush!!  I didn't do a spider dance, I didn't jump up and down but I did shiver when I realized that I had kicked a spider with my bare foot!

I realized that the more that I kill spiders the better I have become at it.  I will never, never in this life time like spiders and I will probably always shudder even when I just think of spiders but I think the spider dances will be reserved for the giant spiders or the ones about to drop down on my head!

There is sin in my life that I have learned to kick away from me.  There is sin that I can kick away calmly without any kind of shuddering or dancing.  That is the sin that I can kick down to mush but the bigger ones I might need help.  One of my big sins is pride.  For some reason this sin has followed me and lingered with me since I was very young.  I have to have help with it.

When I realize that pride is forming or already there I call on the name of Jesus and ask for help! I will  never in this life time like the fact that I let some sin kick me but I know where to go for help!  He is there every time!  He will take that pride or any other of my big or about to drop down on me sins and kick it to where the east meets the west.

Do you know my Jesus?  He is always there!


Psalm 32:1-2

New International Version (NIV)

Blessed is the one
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord does not count against them
    and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Psalm 103:11-13

New International Version (NIV)
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;


No comments:

Post a Comment